Don’t Fall Victim to Fraud: 10 Things Your Bank Will Never Ask
Falling victim to fraudulent emails, texts, and calls from scammers is becoming more and more common. Being educated is one of the most effective ways to prevent from falling victim to scams. By knowing what banks will never ask or do, you will be less likely to be fooled.
Banks will never…
- Have obvious typos in an email.
- Message you asking to call a specific number.
- Call you asking to share your PIN or password.
- Use scare tactics.
- Ask you to click on suspicious links in emails.
- Text you to verify your account number.
- Call you asking to sign into your online banking.
- Call you and ask to reveal a security question.
- Ask you to send money to yourself through a payment app.
- Ask you to share a one-time code with them.
Learn more about how to identify and fight scams at https://www.banksneveraskthat.com/.