We believe in pursuing your dreams. Each year, SFB awards scholarships to graduating high school seniors in Alma Center/Black River Falls, Bloomer, Durand, Eau Claire, Ladysmith, and River Falls.
Recipients are chosen on a variety of factors including involvement in school, youth organizations and community events with particular preference given to students pursuing a career in finance, accounting or business administration.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Applicant must be continuing education at a four-year university or two-year technical college.
- Applicant or parent/guardian of applicant must be an account holder at SFB.
- Applicant must have a high school accumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Application Deadline: March 1
When selecting the scholarship winners, SFB's Giving Committee will place special emphasis on the following additional guidelines:
- Student plans to major in finance, accounting, or business administration in their higher education.
- Student was a co-op student or a high school employee of SFB.
- Student has a parent or guardian employed with SFB.
- Student has significant involvement in school, youth organizations, and church/community events.
Scholarship winners will be notified by June 1.
The winners receive $500 upon successful completion of their first semester and enrollment of their second semester. Two students will be awarded a scholarship in each market where SFB has a location.
2023 Scholarship Recipents
- Elizabeth Anderson, Eau Claire Memorial High School
- Drae Bauer, Durand High School
- Hope Burki, Dove and Sparrow Academy
- Maggie Chilson, Regis High School
- Ericka Cortes-Medina, Lincoln Jr/Sr. High School
- Cicely Kiecker, Bloomer High School
- Payton Kopp, Plum City High School
- Grace Mentink, Baldwin-Woodville High School
- Haylie Schmidt, Black River Falls High School
- Brooke Schwebach, Elmwood High School
- Emma Southworth, Bloomer High School
- Kelli Zimmer, Flambeau High School