Be Aware of Crime Trend Targeting ATM Users
There has been an increase in national reports of crimes taking place at ATMs. It’s called bank jugging, and it’s a form of robbery. The suspect will watch and follow a victim after they withdraw money from an ATM and rob them. Review the safety tips below to protect yourself at the ATM.
ATM Safety Tips:
- Vary your withdrawal patterns and avoid making large cash withdrawals on a regular basis.
- Be aware of your surroundings when using bank services and avoid displaying cash or valuables in public.
- Don't leave your vehicle unlocked or your windows down when parked at a financial institution.
- Be cautious of strangers approaching you near the ATM.
- Be proactive by educating yourself about bank jugging and other financial crimes.
Information provided by NuSource Financial to keep you and your loved ones safe around ATMs and financial institutions.